Thursday, January 15, 2004

Tonight I just feel like writing something. There's really not too much going on in my mind right now which is quite a rarity and a treat. Maybe it's not so much many things as usual but a few big things. Currently I'm having these bizzaro thoughts about where my life is heading. Most of the time I feel like life is passing me by. Some people just roll their eyes at this statement but I take it pretty seriously. You have those that have seen half the world, won national sports championships, and even have invented crap that has help end starvation and disease by the time they are my age. And what have I done? I graduated college with another Xty-X million students last year and got a job in a small rural town about 5 people have heard of. That's it! There's so much to do out there! When will I ever do it all? Sky diving, bungie jumping, surfing, hiking Mt. Kilimanjaro, flying a plane, extreme snowboarding, trekking Antarctica, experiencing the weightlessness of space. There's so much I want to do and yet now, looking at my life I think, "When will I do it?" I find my life quite dull. My uncle pointed out to me the other the day the excitement of getting my hairs cut. Boy what a life huh? When the excitement for the week is getting your hairs cut can you imagine how wonderfully dull life can be? I'm so grateful for people that take me away from this emptiness and help me live a little. Some day, I think, I'll have my pilots license, and my big sport trophy, next to my half shark-eaten surfboard, atop of my sliced in half snowboard, under that pair of hiking boots that stepped foot on all 7 continents. Someday, I'll get to see the pyramids at Giza, the Australian outback, the freezing Antarctic, the Mayan Temples, the Himalayans, and maybe even the wastelands of Russia. But for now, I'm slowly losing my contentness to live a perfect, no action life. Maybe someday, when my days look the exact same I may find myself going off to explore the world on my own. Away from those that have help me trek on so far, away from those that have helped me up and away from those I'll never know. But don't worry, Ill be back around again. I'd miss everyone too much if I never saw them again.

No comments: