Tuesday, January 20, 2004

Well I've got a soar throat to end all soar throats. It started a number of days ago and has progressively gotten worse. Today it hurt so much I could barely eat. I figured it was time to lose some pride and head to my local pharmacy and ask for advice. So now I'm sucking on these chlora-something-or-other candies. They don't taste too good and I think they work by making you swallow so much that the pain becomes customary. Stupid things. Oh well.

So who's watching the State of the Union address tonight? Anyone? Hello? Are you still reading this? And did anyone see Dean's loser's speech last night? If you watch any news at all I'm sure you've seen it. He's waving his arms and yelling the names of states he's going to conquer. I bet he lost lots more voters right there. What a goofball. That kind of reaction can't lead anywhere good unless you're looking to attract all the crazy people from Massachusetts.

So tomorrow I start a new project. It's my first solo project so I'm a little nervous about doing a good job. I'll be re-writing an application that reads a SQL Sever database and displays information regarding truckers and their times and locations. All new apps are to be written in .NET so I'll be doing a lot of learning with this one. I guess they'll want it to be web-based and they want user-level security. I'm told this would be easy, but I'll be the judge of that. More to come later.

No comments: