Saturday, January 03, 2004

It seems sort of surreal. We put the Christmas tree lights up when it's 60 degrees outside and we take them down when it's 60 degrees outside. I don't know what the weather gods are thinking. They are melting all the great snow. I can only hope that next week those goofballs get their act together, otherwise my pet spider monkey will have to start warming up his dart throwing arm.

Today was a rather uneventful day. This afternoon I did a little pre-Christmas shopping. I got a few CD's, some birthday gifts, and some memory for my PDA. I forgot how much I hate shopping. I guess it's not that I don't like it, I just don't care a lot for the crowds of people. Don't they have some other place to be on a Saturday? Like spending time with their kids? Maybe I'll just stick with buying everything online. You can't really go wrong. Especially now that Gap has a tall section on their webpage.

The day spruced up when Julie's birthday party came around. I had pizza and soda (one of my favorite meals) and enjoyed talking to all of Julie's goofy friends. To those of you who may stumble upon this website and are one of those people, do not take offense. It's a good goofy. I think hearing stories from Seri was the highlight. From no one else can you hear stories about the time she mixed mustard with vinegar instead of honey to make honey mustard sauce, or the time she mistakenly ate already eaten ribs. I miss spending time with people. It was nice to hang out in a group again this past week and today. Now all I need to do is find some Ultimate Frisbee and Volleyball buddies and I'd be happy forever.

No comments: