Tuesday, January 27, 2004

Here's the story for today. As you can probably see, it's 3:30pm and I am writing my blog. I should be at work you say. Well work closed at 3pm today. Why? It's snowing harder than a Kid Rock concert. If you were to check the weather report at the time of this bog entry you would see they are calling for 1 to 3 inches of snow here at zip code 16662 before tonight. However, if I were to step out of this house right this second and measure the snow that has fallen in the last few hours, I would record at least, AT LEAST 5 inches. What is wrong with this? Now, I've always had issues with the weather channel and forecasters predicting the future weather. But this is the first time EVER I have known them to even come CLOSE to the CURRENT weather. My goodness! Adjust your frickin forecast! It's still snowing! STILL SNOWING! I guess we're supposed to get more snow tonight yet. Maybe they're planning on it snowing so much that the snow will be so heavy it will compact itself down to that 1 to 3 inches. I don't know. In any event, I got to go home early and drive in 4 inch, snow covered, unplowed roads for 25 minutes. I'm happy with that.

In other news, today was my first day of plant training. No, I'm not the one that's training. I'm the one that is giving the training. Yeah me teaching a class, can you believe it? You should, it's not the first time. I taught a few calculus classes back in high school. When the calc teacher was absent, me being his TA at the time would teach the lesson. Kind of weird for a high school student to be teaching other high school students, but sort of fun as well. Anyway, I was supposed to teach more tomorrow but the class was cancelled. I'll lecture another 3 classes at least. I'm the ones that missed today and will miss yesterday will need to make it up sometime. These plants don't run themselves.