Friday, January 02, 2004

Well, another year has come and gone and yet I still have not acquired a taste for the New Years Day Sauerkraut. For those of you not from the great Common Wealth that is Pennsylvania, the traditional meal of New Years Day is Pork and Sauerkraut. Don't get me wrong, I love pork, but the sauerkraut I could do without. Tradition says that having this meal on this day brings good luck for the new year. I don't think any amount of sauerkraut could improve my luck.

On a completely other note, I spent New Years at my friend Roman's house. It was great fun. We ate meat until we were stuffed and then hit up Dave & Buster's afterwards. We made it back just seconds after the ball dropped. Sorry Vikki, I know you wanted to see that too. Luckily my head was spinning so much by the time I went to bed that the Solstivus Gift that was given to me that evening did not truly hit until mid-next day. There has been talk about this mystery gift from Roman's brother The Mortician for the last few days. Well, thankfully the item was not stolen from a dead guy. Instead, I received a canister that would carry the burnt deceased across the country. Once this canister arrives with the departed's remains of dust, his ashes are transferred from this canister to a proper dead guy urn. I believe, although I will need to confer with my committee, that this is indeed a Solstivus Hall of Fame Gift. Official name: Used Burnt Guy's Travel Canister. Thank goodness for the mind numbing "effects" of New Years Eve. Without them, I may have been disgusted.

Luckily Vikki and Roman's Mom had some other Solstivus Gifts for me so it continues to be quite a joyous Solstivus. Less than a month of the Blessed Holiday remains. That is still no reason to not start saving my junk for next year!

No comments: