Thursday, October 09, 2003

In my defense, let me just say that when you get home from work and you have absolutely nothing to look forward to, any tv seems good, except for Queer Eye for the Straight Guy and other select show on TLC. But also, let me point out that last night's episode of Ed was intriguing enough for Andy to make his whole blog entry for the day about the episode. Oh well, what can I say? I'm bored out of my mind here!

Finally, today I had a major breakthru! I've been working on making a differential amplifier the past few days and finally my hard work paid off! Now the only problem I'm faced with is making a inverter to get my -6V. However, I need an inverted signal to make the inverter work! Who the heck designed op-amps anyway? Why can't I just ground the @#$! thing! Bonus points if you're reading this and have any clue what in the world I'm talking about.

Today's Jimmy tip:
If you are making an inverter with an op-amp and protoboard, make sure the IC chip is not upside down. This causes the chip to smoke and make popping sounds. Although this sounds cool, all it does is make me buy another chip.

No comments: