Sunday, October 26, 2003

Well, my hopes for Penn State and the Stillers are fading fast. I really have nothing to comment on about Penn State. Why Joe Pa remains the head coach is beyond me. Maybe he still has coaching left in him, but when you one of your players gets arrested for driving under the influence, as a coach, you sure as heck don't just say, "Ah kids will be kids." Over to pro now, why Jerome Bettis is still in the game is also beyond me. His second fumble in two games may have cost them the game. I understand he didn't make a fumble for a ton of games before two weeks ago, but he should NOT be giving up one every game to make up for it. It always comes to down to a few catches, it's just too bad Maddox is having issues throwing them. But, oh well. My true joy this weekend was watching the Evil Empire lose! I'm amazed with the fact that Josh Beckett, who is only 23 (one year older than I) I might add, could still throw a 95 MPH fast ball in the 9th inning. I can't even throw a 95 MPH fastball once! But then again, I am not a pro ball player.

No comments: