Tuesday, October 14, 2003

No naps during work today. It was another fun day at the office. Probably boring to the rest of you. My excitement for the day: Getting the Final Jeopardy question! Frankly, I don't care to much for the show, but after the gut wrenching loss from the Red Sox, my dad flipped to ABC to see the end of the show. The answer: Without citing the exact phrase (come on, I can't remember that), it had to do with an archeologist naming a text used for spells, chants, and prayers to Ra. The question: What is The Book of Dead? Only one person had it right. The other guesses: The Dead Sea scrolls and the Apocrypha. Come on now people! Both of those are Christian texts. Call me crazy but last time I checked the sun god, Ra, wasn't exactly turning water into blood attempting to free the Israelites. Oh well, I guess an interest in ancient Egyptian history may never come in handy, but it can answer questions. Or is it question answers in this case? I actually own a copy of The Book of the Dead. It's pretty interesting.

Today's Complaint: People in the cove drive too darn slow! I guess when you live in a small town with three retirement communities which make up about 3/4 of the town population you're going to have slower, more annoying moving traffic. The problem: In a few more years, most of the town will be "living" underground, causing the town money pot to dwindle. The solution: Persuade my friends from Messiah College to move here and start families. It's a win-win scenario. I think I'll work on Julie first. She may be the easiest one to persuade since she is my neighbor and already lives here.

Today's Church Sign Text: Stop, drop and roll doesn't work in Hell.

Final Thoughts: Hey Vikki, when is Nomar going to get a hit? I'm not seeing his greatness out there at the plate.

No comments: