Thursday, October 23, 2003

So now I'm "Vision Man." What does this mean? It means that I am in charge of coming up with a way of using cameras to monitor stone coming off of a cold feed belt and determining what the percent make-up of stone that conveyer belt has. Why was I chosen for this? I have absolutely no idea what-so-ever. I've never even heard about vision systems until a few weeks ago! Personally I think Gary (he's the big engineering head guy) is putting a little too much faith in me. But, I am Batman, so we'll see what happens.

I don't know what is better, going to Buffalo, or not going to Buffalo. What in the HECK am I talking about? Well, the company I work for has a plant in Buffalo, NY. The company also has a nice jet. I was supposed to fly in it this coming Monday, along with Ashley to install some new equipment and get familiar with the plants. So, flying in a private jet; very cool. But, once Gary found out that both Ashley and myself were going, he put a stop to that because if the plane were to crash, he'd lose both his automation gurus. So, being looked at as a guru; also very cool. So, now no Buffalo on the private jet, but my day in the sun, err . . . air, will come soon.

No comments: