Friday, October 17, 2003

Well, if you know me, you know my opinion about luck and how I have none. I think today just about proves my point. The day started off on the wrong foot to begin with, what with the Sox losing last night and all. So, although I don't really view the weather as bad luck, it was raining today so it wasn't the best of days. So I head out of work early so I can get to Messiah College for homecoming in time to go find a costume or something, when my bad luck streak hits! Bad luck #1: I see a cop with his flashers on. Back luck #2: roads are wet. Bad luck #3: i hit the brakes and begin sliding on the road. Bad luck #4: I slide right into the cop car pushing it into a telephone. Bad luck #5: glass from my window spews all over my face! Bad luck #6: the air bag doesn't deploy. Bad luck #7: I'm dragged out of my car on a stretcher are rushed off to the hospital. Bad luck #8: I get 4 stitches on my chin, some glue to the nose and to the forehead. Final back luck #9: my car is border-line ruined and I miss all the fun at school this weekend. Now some would say how "lucky" I am that I survived, but I had my seatbelt belt on and wasn't going 90 mph so I'd be pretty darn upset if I hadn't survived.

So here I sit wondering what's going on back at school with my face looking like I went 3 rounds with Evander Hollifield. Let's analyze why this could have happened. Reason #1: I think I'm the best driver in the world! Why would rain make me drive more cautiously? Reason #2: I left early. If I had left work at my normal time, not a problem. Why? Because of Reason #4: cops with their lights flashing causes anyone, no matter who you are, to hit the brakes. Reason #5: the cop strategically places his car on a sharp curve/hill so that it can only be seen when you're 50 feet away from it. Reason #6: Some girl had run off the road 30 minutes before I made my presence known, which was why the cop was there. Final reason: I have bad luck! There's just no other way around it. I guess the one good thing is that even though my glasses flew off at the point of impact and landed who knows where well away from my stopped vehicle, the girl that had crashed before me found them and gave them back. So I can see for the time being, even though they're pretty scratched up.

So let's rap things up on the plus side with reasons to be grateful. Reason #1: I'm alive (let attribute that to my seat belt Amy Hall!). Reason #2: I was wearing a sweat shirt keeping the glass from cutting up my arms. Reason #3: I wore my glasses, and even though they flew off, they did keep my eyes from getting cut up. Reason #4: I got Pizza tonight for dinner. And the final reason: well, let me know what you think about that. Let's hope the pillows tonight stay white!

No comments: